The partnership will contribute funding for a 12 month pilot scheme of support for people in more isolated rural areas of Bassetlaw. The pilot will offer a range of health and wellbeing services within the local community, using church resources, in partnership with the member organisations of the BPTSP and other appropriate agencies such as Advice Bassetlaw. A rural community hub will be created, giving people at risk of, or experiencing social and rural isolation, access to a social network and a variety of services.
The pilot area will cover 441 households. Of these:
- 56 households do not have access to a car or van
- 76 households are people are living alone
- 202 residents have long term conditions limiting activity
By the end of the twelve month period the pilot will achieve:
- An overall reduction in isolation and loneliness within the rural pilot area.
- The creation of a well utilised community resource.
- An increase in community volunteering and intergenerational activity.